The Spira Farms Newsletter
This is the Spira Farms newsletter. Like sunshine breaking through the clouds, were here to brighten your mood 🌻
Today we are going to talk about 👇
- Sunflower – the 60 second pitch 🌻
- Upcoming events
🌻 SUNFLOWERS 🌻
Sunflower microgreens, one of our favorites are LOADED with all kinds of goodies. Here is why they seed-uced us👇
- Loaded with nutrition. You get a lot out of a little
- Calories: 31
- Fat: 0.8g (1%)
- Saturated fat: 0.1g (1%)
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g (2%)
- Fiber: 2.1g (8%)
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.1g (6%)
- Vitamin A: 20%
- Vitamin C: 30%
- Vitamin E: 12%
- Calcium: 9%
- Iron: 10%
- Magnesium: 9%
- Manganese: 23%
- Phosphorus: 10%
- Potassium: 11%
- Zinc: 13%
- Contain Essential Fatty Acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 ❤️🩹
- Anti-Inflammatories that reduce inflammation, and promote overall health.
- Vitamins A,C and E have anti-inflammatory properties 💪
- Vitamin E is especially good for protecting cells from damage caused by free radicals and reducing inflammation.
- Phytochemicals 🤺
- Flavonoids – antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancerous properties help protect cells and maintain health.
- Phenolic Acids – Reduce inflammation and protect against chronic diseases
- Carotenoids – Support eye health and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
They are incredibly easy to use, throw it into a bowl, add some some cheese, granola, or other forms of protein and bam you have a salad. You can even keep it easy, and just add it to the side of a plate. 🥗
All of this combined into one, sunny package. That’s why we love it. Many different great vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatories that keep us happy.
|On April 23rd, Event season officially began for us at the Frankfort Farmers Market. Were adding on a few more events every weekend for 2023 starting the first weekend of June! 🗓️|
Also, we will be working on getting more pop ups at the store on Fridays that will benefit the community, thinking fresh locally grown foods would be pretty cool? Stay tuned. 🤞
On June 3rd, we reenter the Naperville Farmers Market. It will take place every Saturday until November. The market runs at 7am-12pmOn June 4th, we will reenter the Plainfield Farmers Market every Sunday. This market runs from 11am-3pm.
We will continue to be working the Frankfort market all year, Cait and I will be dividing and conquering on Sundays to get to everywhere we need to be. We may be getting the help of a few smiling faces as well!
See you at the Markets! ✌️